WaterBee was demonstrated at the EU Stand at the National Ploughing Championships (23-25 September 2014). The EU Stand was all about letting the public know what the EU is doing in the area of ‘Agriculture and Research’ with a spotlight on new technologies in agriculture.
Record breaking attendance at Ploughing 2014 saw thousands of visitors come to the Stand to find out how EU-funded research into new technologies, such as the WaterBee and AutoGrassMilk FP7 projects, which are now making a difference in everyday farming life. The projects – demonstrated by Connor O’Reilly from MAC Ltd., an SME based in Limerick and Bernadette O’Brien from TEAGASC in Fermoy Co. Cork – enjoyed a busy 3 days with lots of questions and interest from visitors to the Stand.
The Stand welcomed a number of high profile visitors to the Stand who had a special interest in our work, they included the Irish Minister for Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation Richard Bruton, TD., Irish Minister for Skills, Research and Innovation Damien English, TD., Irish Minister of State with responsibility for small business and collective bargaining Gerald Nash TD., Liadh Ní Riada MEP, Seán Kelly MEP, Matt Carthy MEP, and Ambassador Thebault, the French Ambassador to Ireland.
- WaterBee at the Irish National Ploughing Championships
- Meet WaterBee at Irish National Ploughing Championships
- .WATER-BEE Research Project.
- EEA Water for Agriculture
- ENORASIS FP7 Environment project
- EU Water Management Projects
- MARG FP7 Microwave Areal Rain Gauge
- OPARA traceability system
- SmartPaddy FP7 SME water salinity
- STREAM FP7 Water Management