The WaterBee Project is a 2 year industry driven Demonstration Action that is being funded by the European Commission’s Seventh Framework Programme under “Research for SMEs”.
The aim of the project is to demonstrate a total irrigation management system which is intelligent, flexible, easy-to-use but accurate irrigation scheduling system at an affordable cost that takes advantage of recent technological advances in wireless networking, environmental sensors and improvements in crop modelling.
The WaterBeesystem and service responds rapidly to changing conditions, continually optimizing growing conditions and water efficiency.
The WaterBeesystem has been developed to be as affordable and flexible as possible, and easy to install and maintain, ensure its widespread uptake by farmers, growers, hotels, golf clubs, and even domestic homeowners.
There is a real and urgent need to improve the efficiency, performance and ease of operation of irrigation scheduling; this would have a major impact in terms of cost savings (labour and water costs), improved product quality and yield, and in the protection of biodiversity by maintaining water quality and flows rates in surface and ground waters.
- WaterBee at the Irish National Ploughing Championships
- Meet WaterBee at Irish National Ploughing Championships
- .WATER-BEE Research Project.
- EEA Water for Agriculture
- ENORASIS FP7 Environment project
- EU Water Management Projects
- MARG FP7 Microwave Areal Rain Gauge
- OPARA traceability system
- SmartPaddy FP7 SME water salinity
- STREAM FP7 Water Management